Monday, January 3, 2011

Grass Roots or Extremist

Today I was listing to a republican and a democrat pundit on a talk radio show and the gist of the conversation was ( and yes I know they are talking points on both sides) how the president needs to move to the center if he wants to regain support from the independents and moderates in his own party. While I agree with this, I also doubt he has the capacity to do so. Not because he is stupid as some believe, because he certainly is not that, what he is, is an ideologue and a true believer in his vision and agenda. Anyway I digress. (As is normal for me) I was shocked to hear the democratic pundit say and I am paraphrasing, “the current republican majority is going to have to move more to the center, because the American people see them as Tea Party controlled and to far right for the good of the country”, Wow. I had to stop because I was so confused; didn’t we just have an election where the American people clearly stated which direction they want to government to go? And I believe that was more to the right then center, or am I crazy. And as for being controlled by the Tea Party movement, I hope so.
About that, we are going to hear a lot of left wing pundits over this next year talk about republicans and conservatives, (no the two are not necessarily the same) scream about the republican party’s unwillingness to compromise, or accuse them of being the party of no. this is a distraction aimed at regaining power, they did it during the lame duck session, why? Because they counted on the fact that while the American people knew the election results they would forget that the Dem’s still held the majority. So it was not the republicans they could not bring to the table, it was their own party, but they couldn’t say that now could they.
Tea Party; I would describe the movement as advocates for fiscal responsibility, smaller government, free market principles and conservative values. However if you talk to someone on the left they are an extreme special interest organization controlled by some large, rich white organization that no one can name. Why is it if you are a liberal movement you are grass roots, but if you are conservative you are controlled by the evil white empire. Yea baby; because Media Matters is not supported or controlled by a guy named George Soros, he does not providing millions in funding for NPR, you remember them, (National Propaganda Radio) and Code Pink is strictly a grass roots operation, yea right.
So the rule is this, if you are white and have a job, you have no voice on the direction of this country, I mean where do you get off expecting everyone to earn their own way, and demanding a government that supports sound economic policies, I mean how dare you, you extremist! Don’t you know in order to be a grass roots American, “and you don’t have to be an American”, you have to be a minority and looking for a hand out, then you are the real deal, yes I know that last statement will offend some, I just don’t care, let me tell you why. Today I saw a picture on the internet of a Hispanic (don’t know if he was legal or not) carrying a sign that read “ America we want more money, free housing and cars, you owe us and we will keep killing Arizona border agents until we get it”. I don’t even know what to say to that, but if he is grass roots and I am an extremist, then ok, that’s what I am, because I don’t want to be him.
So the moral of today’s blog is this; over the next year or two the Liberals are going to accuse conservatives of everything from immoral behavior to being out of touch with Americans, they will talk about anything but the truth, which is that pillars of the country like Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer and Harry Reid are the reason we are in the mess we are in, let’s not forget that a year before the Dem’s took power consumer confidence was at a 25 year high and unemployment was 4% nationally, and Dem’s were still running around talking about how bad the economy was. That was so they could take power, well they have had to for 4 years and we see the result. So let me just ask you this. If George Bush was still the President do you think we would talk more about the current price of gas?

No comments:

Post a Comment